Thursday, October 14, 2010

Answers

Thank you for all the feedback!!  Okay, I will answer some of the questions I got in the last post.  Yes, I am an education major. I am getting Triple certified, for those of you who don't know what that means, it means that I will be certified in Early Childhood, Elementary Education and Special Education with a concentration in English.  In other words, I will be able to educate children from birth to 6th grade, both special and regular ed.  I honestly became Triple Cert to be more marketable when I leave college. I knew it would be a lot more work but I was willing to do that if that meant finding a job would be easier after college.  It never occurred to be that I would love Early Childhood. Yes, I have always loved younger children too but being a part of a preschool never caught my attention. However, after taking an early childhood class and observing in a preschool, I fell in love with it!  They are so full of energy!  I honestly can't wait to be a teacher, even if it scares me too.  I have always admired the way children view the world and how they actually enjoy learning and expressing themselves, which I believe many people lose with age. And yes, I have taken Praxis1.  For those of you who aren't up on teacher lingo, that is the test to be a teacher in most states in the country. I passed all the sections except for math...which I missed by ONE POINT.  So I am going to take that part again. I still have to take L.A.S.T which is the test to be a teacher in New York. Since I am not sure where I will be living, I want to cover all my bases. 
Also, thank you for the idea to sell some stuff on Craigslist!  I am thinking of selling my old prom and homecoming dresses from High School and any other random items I can find.
I will update everyone on Italy related information once I learn more! 
And again, thanks for the feedback!
Well, I am off to bed soon. I have an early class in which I am learning how to use technology in classrooms as part of lessons.
Goodnight everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog each day
    Cioa bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i heard two good ideas for you today..Mary Kay has house parties a friend does them and they give 50% to you for your trip!
    also local FUDGE store you presell their goods and you get 30% of sales....

    ReplyDelete
  3. At our church we did a "lottery wreath" and it was really popular! We bought like $20 worth of lottery tickets for each wreath and we decortaed the wreath for Christmas. Then we sold $1 chances. Then we chose a winner and the got the wreath...and the potential of winning alot or nothing. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it going? Any good new ideas on your fundraising?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Sarah! You're doing a great job - your mom has good reason to brag about you ALL THE TIME!! ;) Also glad to hear you're enjoying the preschoolers. As it so happens, I have a preschooler (I love this age too, I'd freeze her at this age if I could). I'd be glad to let you "observe" her for awhile when you're home again - maybe during Christmas break. Of course I would "donate to the cause" ;) for your time and effort. Let me know if you'd be interested. Her Grandmothers are our only babysitters, and we've often discussed that we should have somebody else we could call on if we needed to. Until then - keep up the good work!
    Kelly Cole

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, if you don't get a notice saying that I received the comment click the 'post' button again! Thank you!!!