Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 1, 2011 "I'm more interested in what I discover than what I invent." - Paul Simon

So last night I finished my journal as the night was winding down. I went to get my clothes off the line in the bathroom. I am in there for a good 10 minutes and then something catches my eye under the sink. I couldn’t tell what it was until I moved a step closer to see that it was a pigeon….in our apartment. Confused, I stood there for a second then walked up into the bedroom and said to Jill and Ashley, “Ummm guys….there’s a pigeon in our bathroom.” We all walked down to the bathroom and just stared at it wondering how it had gotten through the bars of the window. The poor thing was terrified, not moving and pressed against the wall. We knew it wasn’t getting out on its own so we decided that we would herd it to the window and hope it would fly out. Jill closed the door and stood in the hall while Ashley and I tried to move it with towel. It flew right at us and we both screamed….and then started laughing hysterically because we felt silly for getting scared of a bird. After about 15 minutes of chasing the bird around and feeling bad about its sad bird sounds I was able to smooth down its feathers and pick it up. I placed it on the bars of the window and closed the window behind it. What a turn of events for the night.
Now for my day.
I got to the school around 9. I watched the movie for my presentation, wrote up my paper and hung out until class at 11:15. My partner was there so we were able to do our presentation for the movie “Two Women” and it went well. Our class then walked to the Etruscin (Sp?) Well nearby that is more then 3,00 years old. It was so cool. Only 7 of us could go at a time. I was in the first group. We walked down the damp, dark, small stone staircase and took a right into the well. A bridge is suspended through the well high above the water. I have a slight fear of heights so my body tensed and shook at the same time but I walked out to the middle so everyone could get on the bridge. Of course I through a coin in and made a wish. 2 wished in 2 fountains…..let’s see how it goes.
We then went to see one of Raffales frescos that he did in Perugia. He was working on this one wen he was called to the Vatican. It was a fresco around the statue of the Madonna and Child which is an interesting combination of styles. After the rest of class finished their presentations I headed back to the room to work. Ashley was napping so I decided to nap too.
We woke up around 5 and I headed to the school to check the internet. My roommates had class so I did homework, made dinner, did the dishes and took a shower. They brought cheese back from their class (they are taking a food class) so I had wine and cheese before bed.
Tomorrow I plan on going to Piazza Italia to sketch. Someone complimented my fountain sketch today :)

1 comment:

  1. you should post a picture of one of your sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, if you don't get a notice saying that I received the comment click the 'post' button again! Thank you!!!