Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 30, 2011- "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." ~Author Unknown

Today was about as plain as you can get in Italy. I had a lot of homework so I got up at 7:30, long before my roommates. I crept around and got ready. I arrived at the school at 8 but didn’t realize that they dont open until 9. So I sat outside the door working until they opened.
From 9-11:15 I did research on Marinetti, futurism and fascism in the library. Class went from 11:15 to 2:45 with a half hour break. It was fun. I am really enjoying this class and am learning a lot about the things that we glossed over in previous classes. We watched the end of the Mussolini movie and moved into Neo-realism. This is the type of movie , literature and art that occurred after WWII. Instead of having big stars playing well-off middle class people, normal people played in movies that portrayed the reality of poverty and hardship. For Wednesday, I have to get in a group and make up a presentation.
After class I came back to the room to do laundry and homework. Ashley’s allergies are bothering her so she was sleeping. I had leftover salad while writing my Renaissance Art paper.
Later when Jill got home, the three of us made pasta with tomato sauce and ricotta for dinner. This will be our meals for the next week. The two of them went to class. I was restless so I cleaned the apartment, did another load of laundry, made my bed and did some homework.
I also did some sketching which I have gotten into again after years of leaving it behind. In Rome I sketched 2 windows that I thought looked interesting and today I sketched 2 mugs and a tea pot. When I have time, I hope to sit outside and do some fountains and buildings.
I just showered and plan on typing up my journals for my blog and heading to bed. Long day of presentation planning and class tomorrow.
Loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, if you don't get a notice saying that I received the comment click the 'post' button again! Thank you!!!